Lavender & Green Alliance - Muintir Aerach na hÉireann
NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade 2020
Congratulations! You have successfully registered to join Lavender & Green Alliance
in the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade!
Parade Information and Guidelines
• When: Tuesday, March 17th, 2020
• Line-up time: 3:20pm
• Step-off time: 4:00pm
• Where: 48th St. (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
Guidelines for Participation:
Our participation rests on our cooperation with the organizers.
These guidelines are the same for all contingents that are participating.
· You must be pre-registered on the website to check-in on the street. (If you received this notice, you're registered!)
· Upon arrival, make your way to the L&G banner where the check-in personnel will be stationed. You will receive a commemorative button and a lavender and green sash to be worn during the parade.
· Parade Marshals will be wearing green ribbon armbands with Lavender & Green Alliance buttons.
· Marchers must march in rows of ten abreast.
· Keep the row in front of you an arm's length away.
· Keep the marcher's in your row to the right and left an arm's length away.
· Please follow all requests by parade marshals to keep the contingent in formation and moving up 5th Avenue.
· Business casual. Dark-colored dress jeans are ok, as are comfortable walking shoes.
· St. Patrick’s Day kitsch, such as costumes, large hats, mardi gras beads, face paint, balloons, etc. are NOT allowed.
· No flags, signs, display, stickers, statements or T-shirts with commercial or political slogans are allowed during the entire course of the parade.
· No eating, smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages.
· No animals or mascots, except for service animals.
· No children’s wagons.
· All backpacks and large bags are subject to search by the NYPD.
Once we step onto 5th Avenue, no late comers will be permitted to march.
We look forward to a large and wonderful community of LGBT Irish people, our families, loved ones and supporters, including community organizers visiting form Ireland and New York dignitaries and elected officials as Lavender & Green Alliance celebrates 26 years and again marches with pride up 5th Avenue! We are unifying as one contingent in the parade and with all marching behind our Lavender and Green Alliance banner. We ask participants be aware that not everyone will be able to march as close to the banner as others. Your support means a great deal to us and we’re glad you'll be joining us!
Míle Buíochas- Many Thanks
Brendan Fay, Robert Pinter