NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade Information and Guidelines
• When: Saturday, March 16th, 2019
• Check-in: From 2:30pm until step-off at 3:20pm.
• Where: 48th Street between 5th and 6th ave.'s
• Upon arrival, make your way to the L&G banner where the check-in personnel will be stationed.
• Upon checking in, you will receive this year's commemorative button and a lavender & green sash to wear during the parade.
• Your Row Number will be printed on the back of your button. Locate your row behind the banner by 3pm.
• Each row will have two Row Stewards. Row Stewards will be wearing buttons with decorative ribbons and holding signs with their row number.
• We invite you to return sashes to designated Parade Marshals at the end of the parade.
Parade Marshals will be wearing green ribbon armbands with Lavender and Green Alliance buttons.
• Contingent formation: Marchers must proceed along parade route in rows of ten abreast. Keep the row in front of you two arm's length away. Keep the marcher's in your row to the right and left an arm's length away. Please follow all requests by row stewards and parade marshals to keep the contingent in formation and moving up 5th Avenue.
• Dress Code: Business casual. Dark-colored dress jeans are ok, as are comfortable walking shoes. St. Patrick’s Day kitsch, such as costumes, large hats, mardi gras beads, face paint, balloons, etc. are NOT allowed. No flags, signs, display, stickers, statements or T-shirts with commercial or political slogans are allowed during the entire course of the parade. No eating, smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages. No animals or mascots, except for service animals. No children’s wagons.
All backpacks and large bags are subject to search by the NYPD.
Once we step onto 5th Avenue, no late comers or stragglers will be permitted to march.
Please check the website for last-minute updates.
We anticipate a large and wonderful community of LGBT Irish people, their loved ones and supporters, including community organizers, dignitaries and elected officials. We are unifying as one contingent in the parade and will all be marching behind our Lavender and Green Alliance banner. We ask that all participants be aware that not everyone will be able to march as close to the banner as others. Your participation and support means a great deal to us and we’re glad you will be joining us!
If you opted to become a paid member of Lavender & Green Alliance please click below to be directed to PayPal (no PayPal account needed).